Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A lot has changed in a year!

Hello again readers! So sorry I haven't written a post in a year, it has been too long. But I have a perfectly good reason for not doing so and I hope it will be sufficient. This past year I was in a courtship (I'll explain more in detail), began teaching a sign language class, engaged to the man I courted, and got married on Valentine's Day (yes I am most definitely a romantic it was wonderful!). And that's just a quick summary so much more happened but it's hard to remember what you have done in a whole year when you can hardly remember what you had for dinner a couple days ago lol.

Now courtship is a conservative form of dating in the purpose to know according to God's will if the person with whom you are courting is the one God has planned for you as a future marriage partner. In other words courtship is dating with marriage in mind. There are many different kinds of courtships that vary on how conservative they are and etc but if you are interested in knowing what courtship is or are in one or perhaps you're dating and just curious here are some links that I found especially helpful through our courtship and engagement:
http://iblp.org/questions/how-courtship-different-dating
http://iblp.org/questions/how-does-courtship-work

There are many more articles and books on courtship that I've read but one book that I definitely recommend is "The Art of Choosing you love" by Pastor Jim West. It's a very thin book with probably only 30 pages but he shows according to scripture what love really is and that it's a choice we make every day to choose to love someone, not a fleeting feeling. The Lord showed me and my husband His will for us this past summer and today we have been happily married for two months and daily praise the Lord for all that He has done for us. :)

I'll write more in the future when I have the time and I'll continue to post recipes, movie reviews, book reviews, and stories like I use to do. And to all the Christian women out there who hope to one day to be married, the Lord knows the desires of your heart and in His time He will show you His will for you life. Always keep your trust in Him! :)

Hope y'all have a blessed week and happy birthday to Caitlyn from Caitlyn's Column!
Love in Christ,
Brookie


No comments:

Post a Comment